“Private cloud adoption increased from 63 percent to 77 percent, driving hybrid cloud adoption up from 58 percent to 71 percent year over year.”
– Rightscale’s State of the cloud report 2016.
The advantages of cloud based services and tools are certainly making it a popular business move. This cloud boom has presented many opportunities for the solutions and services’ providers to convert the virtual technologies into monetary profits.
However, selling cloud requires fulfillment of many specialized needs and automation of various business processes, including billing, sales, marketing, support and inventory management.
Handling your inventory properly is about strengthening the foundation of your business. A lack of knowledge about your resources and a ballpark idea about its requirement can prove to be a major setback for your business.
Cloud inventory management – how will it help you to grow?
Cloud inventory management is about knowing, “what resources are being dealt with” and how much you need to meet the growing demands. Failing to keep a proper track of stock would mean “mislaid orders.” Also, with growing business stages, managing inventory will become increasingly complex.
Hence, what you need is a cloud inventory management software that is able to automate your entire inventory system in a way that:
- You have an end-to-end inventory flow process.
- You have optimal inventory levels, thus avoiding unnecessary payments involved in the last minute ordering.
The best cloud management software to manage your inventory should give you:
- End to end automation.
- Simplified view of your entire business inventory.
- Real time monitoring of data and stock.
- Anywhere access to your current state of inventory.
- Streamlined process for order fulfillment.
Many market players are already providing inventory management solutions to the organizations. Among such, we came across two major ones, who are:
What is their core USP and how do they compete to be your perfect inventory management solution is what we will find out through our quick comparison.
RackNap vs. Ubersmith: The basics
Before we start exploring the inventory management systems of both the applications, let’s have an understanding about the applications and their basic work process.
It is built by the industry veterans from ZNetLive, who have an expertise of over 15 years in the hosting and cloud industry. Two of its alluring factors are:
- Its flexibility to integrate with your existing systems.
- Vendor agnosticism.
Being a product from the people in the same industry, it understands all the aspects of the cloud and the hosting business and hence offers a robust solution to all your problems.
From subscription billing to API and integration, it delivers an automated solution for business processes. It has a very decent customer base who uses this software to manage their day to day business activities with inventory management being one of them
Cloud inventory management- RackNap vs Ubersmith
Managing inventory through cloud based applications offers better visibility into your resources, and less cost as compared to other on premise ERP solutions.
Both RackNap and Ubersmith provide automated cloud inventory management solutions to their end customers. When it comes to choosing between which way to go, it is like comparing apples to apples. What we can do is, present an insight into their inventory management software and talk about who has an edge over the other.
- Inventory Automation Level
- RackNap is completely automated solution, with minimal manual interventions. This infographic provides an easy way to understand the flow of inventory management process for maintaining your inventory.
- Ubersmith is also an automated solution, which tries to simplify management of tasks. But the flow of process is not properly defined.
- Provisioning of orders
- RackNap provides order provisioning of both automated and manual product deliveries. It has a streamlined work process defined for manual orders, making it stand different from its other market competitors. It instantly allows to scale cloud packages from CPU to disk space and I/O. This allows you to sell your legacy products through RackNap with ease.
- Ubersmith has a well-defined workflow for automated orders. It gives minimalistic manual order provisioning.
- Scalability and flexibility to manage inventory
- Flexibility of an inventory management software lies in its capability to scale up as per the growing demands of the enterprise. RackNap offers scalability to meet even the multi-cloud environment.
- Ubersmith solutions come handy and can be used as per your business needs and growing challenges.
- Pricing Economy
- RackNap is a product that matches the needs of nearly all kinds of organizations, due to its integration flexibility, vendor agonistic nature and user friendliness. It has pricing plans suitable for every enterprise, from the newbies to the industry giants.
- Ubersmith with its integrated application suite, is suitable mainly for the large scale organizations, and pricing for different plans climb up, based on the number of services taken.
So which one is a better inventory management software- RackNap or Ubersmith?
Any of the application that matches your business and client needs, will be a better alternative.
But, as per our comparison, RackNap with its defined models and process flow, gives transparency and visibility to its users. It is built and used by Microsoft CSPs, IBM SoftLayer sellers, AWS providers, GCE providers and more, which gives it the required authenticity. And most importantly, its wide scale suitability does not limit its usage for any particular segment or industry.
So, if you are also looking for a solution to manage your inventory, we hope our comparison between the two most popular applications will help you in taking an informed decision. If you have any questions or want to share any experience on any cloud inventory management then drop your comments below.